Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Some things we've made...


Here's the picture of last night's dinner, Pasta with Roasted Vegetables and Spinach.  The recipe was from this month's Everyday Food magazine. It was very good and very easy and apparently very fragrant - right Trish?


I also thought that I would include some pictures of a cake I made for our Christmas Party.  I'm calling it the "Lookie no Touchie Cake".  The reason is that it looks so pretty but it will put you into sugar shock!  I made a devils food cake from scratch, iced it with store-bought whipped cream frosting, then poured melted chocolate wafers over the top and garnished it.  WOW!  It was sweet.  I got the idea from a cake that I saw at our local coffee shop and I thought, "I can make that!"  I think theirs probably has less sugar content.  Oh, and by the way, it was really difficult to cut because once the chocolate on top set up it was solid!  Oh well, good try anyway.




 

 

Here's the girls' gingerbread house that they made with Jeremy.  The only thing I did with this was make the royal icing and decorate the cookies for the sides.  It's pretty amazing!



 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment