Friday, September 23, 2011

Leaning Tower of Panini

Jeremy loves this panini sandwich from our local store, but lately they haven't kept to their original recipe.  He hasn't been too impressed, so I went out and bought a bunch of Italian deli meats and cheeses and made my own.  He is seriously impressed with mine now and I don't think they'll ever be able to measure up! 

First I chop up pepperoncini into tiny bits with my food chopper.  You could also use a food processor for this.  I then mix that with mayonnaise and spread it on panini bread. 

Next layer provolone and mozzerella on top of the pepperoncini spread.  Then add your meats.  I used 2 slices each of hard salami, sandwich pepperoni, capicola, and proscuitto. Alternate them so you get a good medley of them in each bite.  Finally top it with your cheeses again.  Spray the outer sides of the bread with Olive Oil and place in a warmed pan over medium heat or use a George Foreman type grill (which I no longer own).  You want to put it over medium heat so that the bread doesn't burn, but so the cheese and meat can warm through.  It takes a little while per side, but make sure not to leave it to burn.

Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

  1. It's 2:30 in the morning and I'm looking at thiswith my mouth watering. YUMMY! and Thank YOU again.

    ReplyDelete