Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Cakes and Parties, Part 1

 I have been cooking away, trying new recipes, snapping pictures, and someday soon I will post them.  Meanwhile, I'll give you some eye candy with all the cakes and parties that I've hosted since December.  It has been a really busy time as I had my twins' birthday party, my baby's first birthday, my brother-in-law's party, and Easter.  Anyway, I was able to make some pretty neat creations and I hope you enjoy them as much as I did in making them!

First, we'll start with Christmas.  I made this cake from a recipe that I found on Tablespoon: Eggnog Tres Leche Cake  It was a hit!




Next, we'll move on to my brother-in-law, James, birthday.  He is from Kansas and his favorite team, of course, is the Kansas City Chiefs.  My sister picked out this cake from a picture she found online, then asked me to make it for her.  I had my husband who is an amazing artist outline the logo for me and then I filled it in.  We took James to his favorite local restaurant for lunch and surprised him with a KC Chiefs birthday party!  It was really fun.






Cakes and Parties, part 2 coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment