Wednesday, November 3, 2010

BLT Sandwich Board

I really don't care for sandwiches, but I LOVE a good BLT!  There is a trick to making them I have found.  The mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip!) really absorbs flavor if you let it.  So, here is my version of a good BLT sandwich:

First, set up your sandwich board.  Mine is complete with bread that MUST be toasted, real mayonnaise (mine is light), cooked bacon (I found the microwave makes this process really fast), fresh lettuce, and sliced tomatoes.

Then, spread a generous amount of mayonnaise on the toasted bread.
Next, place the tomato directly on the mayonnaise, then add the lettuce, and top it off with the bacon.  The mayonnaise will absorb the flavors of the bacon and tomato so you want these on the outer sides of the sandwich.  This is the KEY to a good BLT!  ( I really wasn't trying to rhyme - it just worked out that way.)


Squish it down a little and cut it in half diagonally.  This makes for a delicious lunch!  (Sorry for the chipped plate!  They're 11 yrs. old and used everyday - what can I say?)

Our local Cider Mill sells fresh Concord Grape Juice, so this accompanied my sandwich this day.  Oh, what a treat!



1 comment:

  1. Where is your local cider mill? That grape juice looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete