Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Food That Sticks To Your Ribs

Every once in a while you need some good, comfort food that really sticks to your ribs.  I feel like I've been drawn to it more and more, but I've been putting up a good fight.  However, here are a few instances where I lost the battle and just had to make them!  They were very good and I did at least serve them with a good helping of veggies on the side. 

First, I made Spaghetti Carbonara, but I substituted Penne pasta for Spaghetti.  It was delicious!  I used a different recipe than the one of Emeril's here:  Spaghetti Carbonara but the link to my recipe disappeared the  other day.  I also used proscuitto instead of actual bacon.  YUM!!!



Needless to say, it hit the spot!

Several days later I made Chicken and Cheese Enchilladas.  This recipe from Campbell's works really well for me and my family because we're really wimpy and can't handle spicy foods too well (except my husband).  Campbells Chicken & Cheese Enchillada Recipe


This is a hit every time.  Even my 4 yr. olds love it!

1 comment:

  1. Roger and I love pasta carbonara!! It is one of our favorites. His brother, Reid tells me that it's too heavy! Ha! What does he know :)

    ReplyDelete