Friday, March 25, 2011

Good Food & Kid Friendly Recipes with a Side of Entertainment

Although I haven't been posting much, I have been cooking and making some pretty great creations.  I'm not sure how it's happened and it certainly doesn't happen every night, but I've found a couple minutes here and there.  I've been finding recipes that are fairly simple for obvious reasons.  Here are a few:


These are Eggs Benedict with tomato and avocado slices with the Happy Hollandaise Sauce.  Yum!  It's not often I get to make myself a really good brunch, but it happened this day.

Then one day I made myself a Greek Salad and my own dressing of olive oil, lemon juice and oregano.



Then there have been times that Jeremy makes us dinner.  He makes really good homemade pizzas!  We use my friend Jeanne's pizza dough recipe - it works great everytime!

1 1/2 c. warm water
1 TBL yeast
2 TBL sugar (or honey)
Mix together and let sit for a minute or two.

Add:
1 1/2 c. white flour
1 1/2 c whole wheat flour (or you can use all white)
1 TBL salt
2 TBL olive oil

Add the flour,salt and oil. Mix well.
Add up to one more cup of flour to make soft dough. Knead for 4-5 minutes. . Let rise for 30 - 40 minutes.

Punch down and shape. Will make 1 thick 16" crust or 2 fairly thick 12" crusts.




The girls enjoyed getting their hands all buttery to squish the Rice Krispy Treats into the pan.  


I never watched the TLC show, Jon & Kate Plus 8, when it actually ran.  So, during my many hours of feeding the baby, I caught up on all 5 episodes.  I've found several great recipes, including Monkey Munch and Chicken Cheese Steak.  This was the granola recipe that they made with Emeril.  It's so easy and so good!
 We made Peanut Butter Cookies too.  The girls LOVE to press them with the fork for the design.  I use the good, ole Betty Crocker Recipe for this one.

I found this recipe for a Hootenanny Pancake on a blog I follow.  It was really simple and fun to watch.  It was pretty good too, although certainly not the healthiest thing you've ever had.

I just started following another blog and found this fun jello recipe.  I used melon flavored jello for it instead of lime.


With watching the shows of Jon & Kate Plus 8, I found some good ideas for kids.  One of which was a creative way to get out their energy in this snow covered paradise we live in.  We took them to a Jump House place and it was worth every penny of $5 each for an hour!  They had so much fun.



Then some good old-fashioned fun was in order since we had so much snow.  Thank goodness the girls have a very creative Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment