Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Baking Bug

I must have been bit by the baking bug because I've been baking a little more in the last couple of days.  The outcome was pretty tasty and fairly low in fat.  Who would have thought you can bake and it's guiltless?

First I made Martha Stewart's Old Bachelor's Jam and Blackberry Tart from her March 2010 issue.
I cheated a little though - I didn't make homemade jam, I bought a three-berry jam (blackberry, raspberry, and strawberry) from my local grocery store that was very good.  I also added raspberries to this.  It turned out very good and everyone loved it!

Here it is in the springform pan ready for the oven.

Ready to be served:
 
Then the next day, I wanted to make blueberry muffins.  I found a healthy and lower-fat recipe for them a while ago from Stoneyfield yogurt.  Although, I used my store brand yogurt - they still turned out delicious!

1 comment:

  1. Those were wonderful! they really weren't sweet but they tasted really good! My kids really loved them too! Who says kids only eat sugary stuff! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete