Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Welcome home!

My sister and her husband came home at the end of January from California.  We hadn't seen her since August  and him since the year before.  We REALLY missed them.  So, the night they flew in my parents picked them up from the airport while I made Julia Child's Beouf Bourguignon with mashed potatoes for dinner to have when they arrived. (Actually my friend, Mandy, had come over that day and she made most of it because I was running around doing everything else but making dinner! Thanks Mandy - it was perfect!!)  It had to be special because, well, it was a special occasion.  However, it was so good, I didn't have time to get a picture of it before it was all gone.

Yeah, it was that good.


Mom even ate what the girls' didn't eat:
Then I made Martha's Peach and Cornmeal Upside-Down Cake.  But I omitted the lavender.  Mine didn't come out as pretty as hers, but it did still taste good.  It looked like it was burnt to a crisp, but the butter and sugar browned very fast in the skillet.  It really wasn't burnt, nor did it taste that way - I promise!  Oh well.  It was still good.

No comments:

Post a Comment