Saturday, March 6, 2010

Tomato Bisque Soup & Kabob Tutorial

This is a simple, yet amazingly tasty soup.  My good friend, Joanne, gave this to me years ago and it has become a household favorite.

2 tbsp. olive oil
1 small onion chopped
1 clove pressed garlic
3 sprigs thyme or 1 tsp. of dried
1 (28 oz.) can crushed tomatoes in puree
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
3 tbsp. honey
1 1/2 tsp. coarse salt
1/2 cup heavy cream

Heat oil and saute onions until lightly brown.  Add garlic and thyme.  Stir one minute.  Add tomatoes, broth, honey and salt.  Bring to boil then reduce and simmer about 15 min. Using a blender, puree soup in batches until smooth.  Return to pan and add cream until heated through.   Enjoy immensely!

Here is the outcome of my shrimp, chicken, and veggie kabobs the other night.  I really wanted to grill, so my broiler becomes my grill during the winter.  Short note to self  - take shells off of shrimp before grilling - it will make for easier peeling unless someone has a trick that I don't know of.

Chicken, Shrimp, and Veggie Kabobs
Here are the chicken and shrimp threaded onto the  skewers ready to go under the broiler.  I marinated all of the meat in fat free Italian dressing for the day.

 
The mushrooms and grape tomatoes I placed in the upper part of the oven while the meat was broiling - they got done at the same time and were perfect. 
I also broiled some asparagus too - it was delicious!
 All ready to eat - come and get it!




No comments:

Post a Comment