Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Garden Treasure Mac-n-Cheese


I consider myself very fortunate to have children who love vegetables.  I don't have to hide them - they ask for them!  As with most munchkins, mine also thoroughly enjoy Macaroni & Cheese.  So, here is my latest concoction of it.  I used the Betty Crocker recipe (well, I don't really follow it anymore, but it's the one I reference) and then added the latest treasures from the garden: tomato, green bell pepper, and zucchini all diced into small cubes.  I added a little parmesan cheese to thicken the sauce since the veggies thinned it after the water released in them with warming. 

If baking it, I would have topped it with panko crumbs mixed with Italian seasoning, and garlic powder.  Another fun variation would be to crunch up some Goldfish crackers on top and garnish with several whole ones. 

Anyway, this was delicious and a hit at my house!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment