Wednesday, August 3, 2011

High Tea

Today I bought all kinds of delicious fruits and really wanted to enjoy them all.  What better way than in a fruit tart?  On a whim, I threw this together and hosted an impromtu high tea for my girls, my Mom, and my Grandma who's visiting from FL.

I'm calling it a high tea because we should have had dinner at 5:30pm instead of this, but sometimes it's fun to change things up a bit.  I bought the sponge tart crust at the store and filled it with lemon curd that I also bought.  Then I sliced up some peaches, plums, strawberries, kiwi, and added some blueberries.  Then I heated a couple of tablespoons of strawberry jam in the microwave to brush over the top for the glossy look.  Voila!  A lovely tea! 
Another big event took place in our house: Lucy is in a high chair!  Yes, she sat in her little chair and enjoyed herself during most of our tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment