Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My Very Own Amazing Recipe

I've been really enjoying the use of pocketless pitas for meals lately.  They're pretty versatile and fun.  Last night I used them for pizzas and they were very good.  The last couple of days I've been making my very own amazing recipe.  My husband went to barber school with a Bulgarian man who would bring crepes filled with sour cream and feta cheese.  They were pretty good and I thought I'd add a little more of my own flare to it.  Seeing as we have a ton of cucumbers growing in our garden, I have to use them up.  My husband isn't a big fan of cukes, but he loved this dish!


To start add a little olive oil to a pan and heat over high heat.  Add the pita cook it until it starts to get crispy.  Place the pita on a plate.  In a separate bowl, add 1/2 cup sour cream to 1" cube of feta cheese that is crumbled. Mix well and add salt and pepper to taste.  Spread the sour cream & feta mixture over pita.  Top with very thinly sliced cucumbers and generously sprinkle salt over each cucumber slice.  Then garnish with dill and you have a very delicious lunch!



1 comment:

  1. I'm not just "not a fan" of cucumbers. I literally despise them. I only agreed to eat it in the first place because you had already made it for me and I didn't want to be mean. But I really liked it, and I liked it when you made it again today. I've NEVER had a cucumber I liked until now. You must be a magician! You can make this for me anytime.

    ReplyDelete