Saturday, August 13, 2011

A New Twist on an Old Favorite


The fad this week on many blogs was homemade Oatmeal Creme Pies similar to those made by Little Debbie Snacks.  Well, as you know I have so many zucchini coming from our garden that I wanted to incorporate it somehow.  Since I needed a snack for the Kid's Club that my husband and I teach on Sunday mornings, I gave it a whirl.  Being a parent myself, I don't want to just fill the kids with sugar and candy.  Although all of that is used, I want some nutrition in there.  I found and used a recipe for Zucchini Oatmeal Cookies from the Family Fun website.

I doubled the recipe and altered it a little by using vegetable oil instead of corn oil and by using 3/4 cup of the oil and 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce for the double batch.


I found the marshmallow filling recipe from the Macaroni and Cheesecake blogsite and doubled that as well.







With doubling the recipes it yields about 36 sandwich cookies.  They're good, so enjoy!

I almost forgot!  The reason I even made these today is because the girls wanted me to add eyes to them so they look like little cookie monsters.  So, without further adieu, I give you the cookie monsters!

No comments:

Post a Comment